Monday, January 11, 2010

Christmas 2009

When I think of Christmas I thing of snow and we do not have that in Arizona. I miss that but I do like the warm weather here, very much so. When I was little we were always excited for Christmas. One Christmas I remember is when my dad bought Evelyn, my sister, and I a little rocking chair. They owned the town store at the time so got a deal on it. Now Deanna has it and it is really cute.
I had a wonderful Christmas this year with Evelyn’s family. Patrick, Katie, and Sarah were here for the holidays so Bryce was happy. We had a wonderful morning opening gifts. It was great to be with family and I received more gifts than I deserve. I got so much candy and chocolate including at 4lb box of See’s from my brother Maymard who lives in Utah. If anyone comes to see me I will share it with you as there is so much! That afternoon we went for a walk, watched movies, and started a new puzzle. I thought we were finished with that as we had just finished one a few nights earlier with Joyce but we got a new one for Christmas.
For Bryce’s present to all of us we got an invitation to a Rocket launch. The thing was that we had to bring own rockets. Evelyn and I made a bright pink one with bling (silver poke-a-dots). A few days after Christmas we went to the local High School and launched them. Shooting off the rockets was neat. It was fun to see them all fly. The fact that we all built them and they all exploded on time, well with a little help, was really neat. Evelyn’s and I went really high and straight. We did a great job even with a pink rocket. Katie’s rocket when launched went everywhere and ended up landing right by Evelyn and I. That made it really exciting.
We had a great Christmas! It will be one I always remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment