Monday, January 11, 2010

From 2009 to 2010


I wonder what the world will be like a year from now.
I have been staying up late the past few days working on our Christmas puzzle. We always had a puzzle on Christmas from the time they came out. All the kids (Dick, Deanna, Rosy, Joyce, Blain, and Evelyn) liked the puzzles. It was a tradition to put them together on Christmas day. Randal helped us too. Dick was pretty good at it. I think they are harder now than they were back then. Because of staying up late the past few days I was ready for bed at 9:30 on New Year’s Eve but the kids helped me to stay up. A few days earlier Sarah and I patched and gluing the hot air balloon from last year. The kids (Evelyn’s Family) made it last year from tissue paper and flew it in the backyard. This year we wanted to fly it again but when we got it lit the wind started to blow, before it even took off the balloon caught on fire. I was hoping it would fly but got a laugh out of it burning. It was cold outside but fun to be with the family doing something funny!
We watched the ball drop and then I went to bed. I never thought I would live this long to see 2010.

1 comment:

  1. We still do a puzzle at our house every year Grandma! The tradition continues!!!!

    ReplyDelete