Sunday, January 23, 2011

sweet letters from family members part 2


Grandma,

You have been on my mind a lot lately and I have taken to time to reminisce about all the time I have spent with you over the years. I always loved the summers we had at your house and I loved watching you as you would press the sheets at the motel. I was amazed at how you worked that press. As I crawled beneath the crisp covers that night in the motel room, I realized all the love and effort that went into making me feel so relaxed and comfortable. That is how you made everyone feel that came to rest there and I saw the love you had for others as you provided this service. In looking back at those moments I realized the great love you had for others and that has always been the case. You were always such a hard working grandma and you took very little time to rest. I was always amazed at all you did and yet you always had time for us grandkids. I felt it was a great treat when you came to live with mom and dad here in California. I felt so lucky to finally have you around more often. We have had so many times to talk and I have enjoyed our conversations. I know that you always told me how you were just trying to find out what God wanted you to learn so you could finally go home to grandpa. We sat and talked about it and the only conclusion we could come to was that you still needed time with us. Well Grandma from the wise words of someone I know and love (you), "Thanks for coming, and thanks for participating!" Someone is waiting for you and I think he has waited long enough. Thanks for all the wonderful memories I get to share with my kids. Thanks for all the special moments we got to share with you. Thanks for being such a great example to me and showing me your love for the gospel. Thanks for just being you. So now, into his arms you go to see the love of your life once more. You have both waited long enough. And don't worry about mom and dad. We know how to keep them busy. I love you Grandma.

Wendy

PS There are a few things I need you to do when you get settled on the other side. Can you check on Nick and Beth for me and let them know I love and miss them both. I need you to give them a big hug since I can't do that right now. Also, can you put in a good word for me when you get there? I need all the help I can get!

Ramon Terrazas (Wendy's Husband ) Writes:

I'm not sure where to start. This is my turn to step back and look at what Gwen Lyman did that changed my outlook on life. The concept of thank you for coming to Earth and participating as a valued member of this family just doesn't seem to carry the esteemed credit you so richly deserve. I met you in those Golden Years and never got to know the child, young adult or newlywed mother of these children as I have come to know as members of my family. I often wonder if I had courted Wendy longer and had the opportunity to meet all the family before we married, if I would have appreciated the love that exists in this great family any better than I do now. We may never know. I have such a great admiration toward the love demonstrated in its purest form by each of your children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren and so on. You have been blessed with the unique privilege of experiencing so much in this mortal life that this in itself is amazing, so much heartache, so much joy. Even now in your most challenging moments, you truly have been tested. Your example of grace, tender love, stern conviction and silent courage have endured beyond what most of us could ever do. You have touched the lives of so many and we merely want to say thank you for all you've done for each of us. I know that you often felt like a burden to us and the irony of it is you were always a blessing. You didn't have to do anything, you just had to be seen. You have been that anchor that kept many of us from drifting away. Many times what words were shared may not have been profound, but they were genuine and heartfelt. No one can take your place in the family. There was never a moment that we didn't cherish with you. I especially enjoy watching you with the babies. There are some who look upon the leaving of this life as a sad event and for those still here pushing along, it can be. There are others who cherish and look forward with great anticipation of ending this life to begin a new one. You see it is not what you take with us that is most important, it is what you leave behind, the many souls whose lives are not ever going to be the same because they met you. I hope that you know how much we love and appreciate you and all you have done for us. It wouldn't be fair to you and very selfish of us to want to keep you here on Earth any longer than you are intended. It doesn't matter whether you were the best example or not you are our Great Grandmother, Grandmother, Mother, sister, daughter and we love you just the way you are. Your Heavenly Father is the only one who truly understands all you've done and endured. The memories we will cherish are the treasures we will hold within our hearts and minds until the day comes when we meet again. I personally want to thank you for being a great influence in my life. You always had your own way of making each person feel accepted and you were straight forward when it was called for. I look forward to a time when all of us still living will be united with the rest of our families all dressed in beautiful white attire and there will only joy and comfort exist. We won't want or desire anything and the light in your eyes will shine even brighter than we can remember. I love you.

Ramon


Ramon Wendy's son and daughter-in-law sent the next two messages

To my spunky wonderful great grandma,

I just wanted to remind you of some of my favorite memories w/ you. First, you always said to Anthony & I, "that we better behave or I'm going hit you w/ my cane", I will always love that saying. So I have learned that I better be good, or great grandma will hear what I've done, & I will end up w/ a cane mark across my bum. Second, you always tell me to stop eating so fast, & I always say but I'm so hungry. Then you would always say, the food isn't going anywhere!!!!
All in all I have the sweetest great grandma in the entire world. I could not of asked for a better great grandma! You are an inspiration to myself and everyone around you.
I love you so very much & want to say so much more but the words can not come to me. Do know this, that you have touched my life in ways you'll never know, & you hold a piece of my heart.

Love you always,
Ramon G. Terrazas

To sweet great grandma,

I am so very happy that I have been blessed w/ the chance to meet you & have you in my life. You are by far the most sweetest, loving & caring grandma a girl married in to the family could have. You have taken me in & made me one of your own grand kids, which means the world to me. Being the one who comes & takes care of you when they (grandma & grandpa) have things to do as been a pleasure of mine which I would do a hundred more times. I love coming and spending time w/ you. Grandma just told me the other day, that you were the one who always requested that I come & take care of you. That means the world to me. You have filled a hole in my heart that was from when my great grandma passed away. Thank you for that.
It as been so neat to have my girls have a great great grandma in their sweet lives & to see your face every time Lexi comes to say hi to you is a highlight of my day. She loves you oh so very much, you are the only person she does not fight w/ to give kisses. Even though Bri is still so very little, I know that she loves you so very much too.
A saying that we say in our family to sum up how much we love each other:

I love you as high as sky, as deep as the ocean, as many more people in the whole wide world, times infinity!!!!!!!

With loves always,
Ashley, Alexis, & Brielle

No comments:

Post a Comment