Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Update 1/26/2011

The nurse said that mom had a strong heart with her blood pressure being 108/70. Her lung capacity has diminished due to her shallow breathing but she is fine and her oxygen pump is set still at 3. She was able to take her pills again this morning which helps her feel better. She has had a decent day and received calls form Rosemary, Deanna and Maxine Hiskey. Her speech is slurred but she still remembers everyone and carries on a reasonable conversation with them. She is still eating very little and drinking about 2 glasses of water each day. Last night I gave her a pain pill because her shoulders were hurting so much and she asked for one. She slept so well through the night that I have given her one tonight also and she is resting very comfortably tonight.

Here are some more letters we just received.



Grandma Lyman,
I want you to know that you are the greatest example of Christ-like love in my life. I know we don't believe in beatification. But if we did, you would be the one person whom I could unequivocally say deserves such an honor.

I know that Grandpa was not always the most appreciative person, but you were always patient with him. I'm sure you will find him a bit more humble and very grateful to see you on the other side.

I don't believe I ever heard you utter a cross word -- not even to mischievous or disobedient grandchildren.Disappointed at times, yes, but angry, never.

You were always the consummate hostess, always concerned that others were well fed, comfortable, and cared for. I thought that came from being the proprietor of a motel. However, as I read your biography that Evelyn recorded, I think it started long before that. I think a little girl, not quite 12 years old, wanted a last chance to tell her mother that she loved her, but she never got that chance. Instead, that little girl resolved to make sure that those she loved knew that she loved them.

We, your posterity, want you to know that we have all felt and been blessed by your love. And in the coming days, you will be able to deliver that long awaited hug and kiss to your mother. Who already knows of your love by the life you have lived. And the Savior knows as well. Who will undoubtedly say to you, “Well done, thou good and faithful servant … enter thou into the joy of thy lord.”

With all my love,
Randy

P.S. see attached picture of our family



Dear Grandma,

This note has been a long time coming. So sorry for the delay, but I am one of
those people who struggle putting heartfelt words on paper. I hope that I can
adequately express to you how I feel.
To begin, Grandma, I love you so much. I hope you can you feel my arms around
you...I am there giving you a big hug. That same hug you always shared with me
whenever we were together. Grandma, since the day we met I have admired you.
You have such a loving, gentle, kind way about you, that light in your eyes, and
with that you always made me feel so welcome. I hope it's okay with you...I am
happy to say that I am one of your grandchildren. You have raised such a
wonderful family and it is a blessing in my life to be a part of it.
I cherish the times we were able to spend together, I wish they could have been
more. We always had such a wonderful time and many memories were made. I know
that many times I had my camera in your face, please forgive me for that. Since
we weren't able to see you as often as we would have like, I made sure that we
had your picture front and center in our home. You and grandpa were such a
blessing in Glenn's life. I know that the summers he spent with you in
Escalante are his most treasured childhood memories. He loves to share the
stories of his time there with Megan and I. It was so nice to be able to take
Megan several times to the place her dad loves. She had so many fun times
there. Glenn has always said he would like to retire there.
Thank you Grandma for who you are. You possess so many good qualities and I
have learned from them. I want you to know how much I appreciate the love and
advice you shared with me in raising an only child. It helped me to look at
things through a different light and I was able to remember that advise
throughout Megan's childhood and used it when needed. You have been such a
positive influence in my life.
Now Grandma, I hope you won't mind if I share something very personal and close
to my heart. It's a very sacred story to share because it was an answer to a
prayer. For a long time it was hard for me to accept the passing of someone I
love...until my Grandma Allred passed away. I struggled so much after she
passed, so I prayed to our Heavenly Father for comfort. Our Heavenly Father
blessed me with a vision of my grandpa waiting with open arms for my grandma to
join him. I knew from that time on that she was going to be taken care of and
that she wasn't alone. He was so happy. I saw it so clearly and I can't tell
you how much comfort it gave me. Grandma I know that grandpa is there waiting
for you with his arms open and waiting for you to join him. He must be so
excited to see and be with you again. I'm sure you feel the same way about him.
I pray that our Heavenly Father will bless you and allow you to join him when
your time is right. I will love you always!

Love.
Lisa Palmer

Dear Aunt Gwen,

I can't believe it has been a year since my mother, Orabell passed away. I miss her so much. We enjoyed so many good times together. She spoke of you often and how much she had loved being with you and Uncle Randall. I especially loved it when you
"girls" came to San Diego and I got to tag along and listen to your jokes and stories.

So many times in my life I think of the summers I spent with you and your family in Escalante when I was growing up. They were some of the best times in my life.

We kids would go up to Grandma Lymans and look upstairs for dress-up clothes. Then we would put on plays for anyone who would sit down and watch. Then we would run home to your house and try to get some of your delicious home made root beer. Your family is so very dear to me.

My sister, Juli is on a long business trip with her husband in Argentina and Chili.

May the Lord bless you.

Love always,
Mary Katherine Weigel Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment