Friday, January 21, 2011

sweet letters from family members


My Dear Aunt Gwen:
Evelyn wrote and said that you were not doing well. I wanted to let you know how much you have meant to me for all of my 67 years. Not many people can say that they have had a substantial influence on someone for this long a period, unless it's their child.

From my very first memories, I know that some of my most poignant moments were with you, Randall and the kids in Escalante. At the celebration of your birthday this past summer, Joan and I stayed in the Padre Motel. I looked out the window in the bathroom and saw the barn. Oh, boy! Did the memories come back with a flood... Dilts... what a hard headed horse! Milking the cow and having fresh cream for our bread and milk. I loved feeding the pigs, though they were "scary"when i would lean over the pen and dump the feed and garbage for their daily feast. What fun for a boy like I was... from the city, with no knowledge of this type of life. I never would have had that experience if not for you and Randall.

Mom loved to come to Escalante to see you and help on the switchboard. She loved the quiet and beauty that Escalante possess, as we all do. I remember going to Devil's Backbone. In those days, it was almost a full days trip. Playing with the girls in the back yard and teasing the heck out of them was something! Having Dick 'teach" Dilts how to ride double with me as the passenger was probably a big act of patience for both horse and man. I, the boy, loved it. WOW! I couldn't have had more fun Uncle Randall took me up to Poesy to fish and made sure that I caught something. He and Uncle Harold gave me something in fishing and hunting that I still enjoy to this day. These are the memories of a lifetime. How can that be beat.

The "BEST" present you gave me was your UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. I always felt so secure and safe when I was with you as I do today with these memories of you. Every time I would see you, you welcomed me. You give me a hug that warmed me in my heart and soul. As we all know, I was a handful in the best of times. Mom and Dad tried their best but as I look over my life, I feel like I was raised in the best traditions of the West and our faith by FAMILY. It is a tough job raising children, and I was a LUCKY ONE. You never judged. You just LOVED me and gave me your advice I want you to know that even though I may not be with you now, YOU will be with me in my heart and influencing my deeds and behavior the rest of MY life. I LOVE YOU soooo much, Aunt Gwen. Give Mom and rest of your sisters and brother a hug as I know they will be there to meet you.


God Speed,


Craig



Dear Grandma
I hope you are doing well.
I really enjoyed going out to Escalate
for the first time and seeing you.
I wish I could have brought my violin out
and played for you.
I wish I could see you more often.
love you
Hannah

Dear Grandma
I hope you are feeling good today.
I miss seeing you.
I was so good to see you when we can out to Utah!
I enjoyed seeing the places where my dad went.
I am glad I am your granddaughter.
I wish I could see you more often than every few years.
I am enjoying school. I love it.
Most of my work is reading.
Reading is something I dearly love.
I am getting ready to play in front of a judge in
March with my viola.
It will be fun.
I enjoy making music with my viola.
I love music. I only wish I could play the piano.
I love the piano.So I am trying to teach myself piano.
I also love to take pictures.
So of them are quite good.
I put a lot of them on the blog.
I also love to take long walks with my camera
and take pictures of the plants and scenery.
I love nature. I also love to talk pictures of the sunset.
The sunset gets so pretty.
I hope you have a wonderful day.
Your Granddaughter
Eliza Keturah Lyman



Dear Grandma
I enjoyed spending time seeing you , and talking to you.
I miss seeing you. It was wonderful that I got to go
to Escalante for the first time .
I love you very much .
your loving
Granddaughter
Emma


Dear Grandma

I have missed you.
I hope I can see you again.
I wish I was out there.
I love you.

Jonathan

No comments:

Post a Comment